The American Transplant Congress will grant a number of Travel Awards to assist young investigators to attend the joint meeting. The travel award is designed to help off set the expense to attend the meeting.
To be eligible for an award, the following criteria must be met:
- An individual must be the first author on a submitted abstract and must present the abstract during ATC 2018;
- An individual must be a Trainee within (2) years completion of their training and/or fellowship in a program in which either an ASTS or AST member is associated;
- A signed letter from the Trainee's program director identifying and requesting travel support need uploaded at the time of abstract submission.
Selection is based on the following:
- Awardees will be selected from the pool of eligible applicants based upon the abstract's degree of excellence as determined by the Joint Planning Committee;
- Authors will not be considered for a travel award if the required letter is not attached;
- No exceptions will be made should the criteria above not be met.