Late Breaking COVID-19 IMPACT
Call for Late Breaking COVID-19 IMPACT Sessions
Deadline: March 7, 2021, 11:59 PM PST
The below timeline has been put in place for submission, review, and status notifications.
- February 22, 2021, Submission Open.
- March 7, 2021, 11:59 PM PST, Submission Deadline.
- March 22, 2021, Status notifications sent.
All submissions and presenters are subject to evaluation for CME compliance, and may be subject to modification or refusal. Program submission is a proposal only, and that the program planning committee has the right to change or alter it in any way they deem fit .
Session proposers should advise all involved in their proposal that submission of a proposal does not constitute an invitation to appear on the program. Individual invitations are sent from the ATC central office, following the program planning committee’s review and decision on programs.
All proposals must be submitted online. Paper and email proposals will not be considered. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Program Proposal Submission Process
The Submission process is as follows:
- Indicate whether or not program is in collaboration with and ASTS/AST Committee / COP
- Provide proposed session title
- Provide session description
- Provide 3 goals and objectives
- Select all key words that apply to submission
- Enter 2 Moderator Names, Email
- Enter 3 Speaker Names, Email
- Enter 3 Speaker Presentation Titles
The Late Breaking COVID-19 IMPACT Session format has been developed to showcase programs specific to COVID-19 and the transplant industry. Learn from industry innovators on how COVID-19 is transforming your daily work lives for tomorrow’s advancements. Attendees can expect to leave these sessions armed with cutting-edge information that will pave the way to the future of the industry.
Saturday, June 5 – Tuesday, June 8, 3:00 – 4:00 PM ET
Pre-recorded presentations with Live Video Question and Answer at the end of each session.
- Early Career
- Experienced Wanting to Learn More
- Mentor/Expert Wanting to Share Comments
- Interactive Debaters
Time Zone Schedule of Program – Eastern Time Zone
The program schedule is built in Eastern Time Zone. The Virtual Connect platform will provide options to display the program times in the time zone you reside in or display in Eastern Time Zone.
The Program Planning Committee members will review each submission.
Programs are evaluated and scored based on 5 areas:
- Content: The proposal's content clearly illustrates thoroughness, quality, and clarity.
- Learning Outcomes: The proposal includes well developed learning outcomes that will add to attendee learning and development.
- Innovation/Creativity: The proposal represents innovative and/or creative approaches to professional practices, theory, or research.
- Relevancy: The proposal articulates a clear connection to an area/topic of the Congress.
- Organization of Topics/Speakers: The proposal is organized well and includes topics and speakers that would be engaging to attendees.
The Program Planning Committee will select the programs to be presented. Programs will be formally evaluated and discussed.
Program Acceptance Types:
- As-is, with no change
- Accepted with edits
Possible changes may be made to session/presentation titles, speakers or moderators, or use ideas from your program in combination with other submitted proposals
Programs may be Rejected due to:
- Too similar to current Virtual Connect programs
- Too similar to past presentations
- No new data is being presented
- Overlap of other programs being presented
- Topics are not fully developed
ATC Staff will send notifications on the status of your program proposal by March 22, 2021. Notifications are sent to the program submitter only. Submitters should not contact any proposed speakers or moderators; all communication will be sent from the ATC staff.