Showcase Your Company with a Satellite Symposia
A Satellite Symposia is great opportunity to help improve patient care by reaching thousands of transplant medical professionals.
ATC is pleased to offer luncheon symposia Sunday – Tuesday for industry-sponsored satellite symposia. Time and available space may limit the number of applications accepted. There is no guarantee any company will be given a luncheon or evening slot. Every effort will be made to accommodate on a first-request basis. Please note ATC prohibits satellite symposia during scheduled scientific sessions. Symposia, or any portion of them, including on-site registration and question-and-answer sessions, may only be held during the designated hours.
The American Transplant Congress (ATC) prohibits satellite symposia from being held in the headquarter hotels, San Diego Convention Center, and/or hotels within the ATC block by any company that is not an exhibitor of ATC. Companies that support either ASTS or AST will have first rights to satellite symposia time slots, only those events may be publicized and/or promoted in the meeting program or outside their exhibit booth in the headquarter hotels and at the convention center. Satellite symposia will be located at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, conveniently located near the San Diego Convention Center.
Specific rules and regulations apply to satellite symposia. ATC does not guarantee attendance. Attendance is dependent upon date, time, topic, and the marketing efforts set forth by the sponsoring company.
Fees & Availability
Satellite Symposia- $90,000
Sunday, June 4, 2023 - Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Sunday: 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
Monday: 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
Tuesday: 12:45 pm - 1: 45 pm
- Provide your company with a platform to reach the ATC in person audience and OnDemand audience.
- The symposium recording will be housed on the ATC Virtual Platform for attendees to view on demand.
- Companies will have the ability to promote their satellite symposia to pre-registered attendees via a one-time promotional use agreement.**
**Communication must be approved by ATC prior to sending.
Official Rules, Terms & Conditions
ATC prohibits any company that is not an official exhibitor of ATC to host a satellite symposium.
- Space for each symposium will be assigned within the designated space at the Manchester Grand Hyatt by ATC staff.
- Space assignments will be confirmed in February 2023.
- Contact Melanie Ryan at 856-380-6895 or email@example.com for additional information.
Services Provided by ATC Staff
- Includes basic A/V. This will be outlined in your satellite confirmation packet.
- Work closely with applicants regarding their satellite symposium and meeting requirements.
- Assign appropriate space, day, and time, and designate hotel contact.
- Provide one complimentary pre-registration mailing list for use to promote the symposium.
- Symposium listing on the ATC website, ATC mobile app, virtual platform and Satellite Wall (in the convention center).
- ATC reserves the right to review all symposium applications, programs and promotional materials and to reject topics, formats, or materials deemed inappropriate.
- All promotional and marketing materials must be approved by ATC prior to distribution. It is the sole responsibility of the organizer/sponsoring company to work with ATC to receive approval of materials.
- Approval from ATC staff does not constitute an endorsement of program or its content by ATC, ASTS or AST.
ATC must be notified promptly in writing of the cancellation of any scheduled satellite event 30 days in advance or sooner if possible. No refunds will be issued for cancelled events.
In the event of cancellation, ATC will not be responsible for canceling any arrangements that may have been made by the Organizer in connection with the proposed event. In addition, ATC will not be responsible for any penalties and/or costs incurred for the cancelled event. Non-refunded program fees cannot be transferred for another use within ATC for any reason.
- ATC is not responsible for unsatisfactory attendance and/or marketing of satellite symposia.
- The opinions presented at the satellite symposia are solely those of the speaker and the commercial supporter. They do not represent the opinion of the ATC/ASTS/ AST. ATC does not review the full presentations, contents or evaluate the products or services discussed at these sessions and make no warranty, endorsement or recommendation regarding the safety, effectiveness, quality or costs of such products or services.
- ATC does not provide CME credit for these programs.
- ATC reserves the right to have an ATC staff member or volunteer onsite to monitor the scope and contact of your symposium.
Marketing and Promotional Materials
All Marketing and printed material related to the symposium must be in receipt of written authorization from ATC prior to final production and distribution. PDF files may be submitted via email for this purpose and are preferred. Review and approval by ATC will be within an appropriate timeframe, but not less than three business days.
- The names, logos and acronyms of the American Transplant Congress, American Society of Transplant Surgeons and the American Society of Transplantation are the exclusive property of each society. They may not be used in any way, for any purpose, or any time without the express written permission and approval of the ATC and the individual society. The following language must appear on all materials produced in association with the symposium including emails, websites, flyers, marketing/advertising and enduring products, post meeting materials and articles intended to be published after ATC: "This symposium is not part of the ATC official educational program and the sessions and content are not endorsed by ATC."
- It is not acceptable and is prohibited to use "at the ATC" , "in conjunction with ATC" ,or "during the ATC"
- The satellite symposia confirmation packet will provide these guidelines again along with examples of language that can or cannot be used.
Printed and Published Materials
Content and Use of the ATC Name and Logo
- All advertisements, promotions or invitations for the symposium must include the following statement: “This symposium is not part of the ATC official educational program and the sessions and content are not endorsed by ATC.” This statement must appear on the cover/front page of any copy using at least 12 pt. font size.
- The ATC logo or name may not be used in any promotions, advertisements, meeting materials or correspondence related to the program. All printed and published materials must bear the following information: Sponsored by......; Supported by....., or Coordinated by.......
- The ATC logo or name may not be used in any promotions, advertisements, meeting materials, or correspondence related to the program.
- All promotional items MUST be approved by ATC staff prior to production.
- All industry sponsors/supporters must be listed on all printed and published materials.
- It is not acceptable and is prohibited to use “at the ATC or “in conjunction with the ATC” or “during the ATC”
Violations and Sanctions
ATC, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to revoke privileges for future programs of any sponsoring organization, supporting organization, or activing organizer involved in planning a satellite activity that does not comply with the rules and requirements set forth in this policy.
Promotion and Marketing Assistance
The following services are provided by ATC at no additional cost. All deadlines for materials will be provided in the satellite symposia confirmation packet.
- ATC will publicize approved satellite symposia on the ATC Web site prior to Congress upon receipt of full payment, and full program information such as the program title and agenda. This will be posted in a special location dedicated to these events. It will not be included in the actual program of the ATC.
- The Organizer is offered a one-time use of the ATC pre-registration list for a pre-approved mailing piece. The pre-registration list will be available on or around May 13, 2023. Design and production are the responsibility of symposium organizer. The list will include email addresses of those attendees who have approved the distribution of their email address. Note: attendees have the option to “opt out” of distribution of their email; we cannot guarantee the email addresses of all ATC attendees.
- ATC will produce a satellite symposia wall with sponsor’s approved promotional graphics, to be displayed at the John B. Hynes Convention Center. All graphics must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
Additional Promotional Opportunities
Please review the below information regarding promotional items onsite at the meeting:
- On the day of the scheduled event ONLY, at the hotel’s discretion, the organizer may put up one 22” wide x 28 high poster in the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Please check with the hotel for exact locations allowed. Posters must be pre-approved by ATC before production. All costs are the responsibility of the organizer and must be professionally produced. Posters must be removed immediately following the scheduled event. Shipping instructions will be provided prior to the meeting. Canvassing by the sponsoring company is strictly prohibited.
On the day of the scheduled event, an hour prior to the start of the satellite symposia, in the space directly in front of the entrance to the room in which the satellite symposia is taking place a registration table and signage can be displayed. All signage must be pre-approved by ATC before production.
Exhibit booth representatives may distribute invitations and other promotional material for the event at their booth only. Canvassing outside of an organizer/sponsoring company‘s exhibit booth is strictly prohibited.
Door Drops & Giveaways
Distribution of symposium invitations at onsite locations other than those specified is not permissible. Individual door drops are NOT permitted; however, the ATC is planning a “doctor’s bag” door drop on Saturday, June 4. The cost will be $5,500 for this opportunity. For information regarding the flyer in the doctor’s bag contact Melanie Ryan, ATC Meetings Exhibit and Sponsorship Manager, email@example.com.
Giveaways or incentives to meeting attendees to attend a symposium, including inappropriate onsite promotional tactics, are strictly prohibited.
On the day of your scheduled symposium there will be temporary staff set in place at San Diego Convention Center and along the route to the meeting room location at the Manchester Grand Hyatt directing attendees to the satellite symposia. No other staff may solicit attendees outside of their designated meeting room.
Sales Lead Retrieval System
Three (3) state-of-the-art sales lead retrieval systems will be available to you. The system uses a scanner wand that scans the bar code that is printed directly onto the attendee’s badge. The system will record encoded information of all attendees that visit your exhibit booth with a swipe of the wand. If you require more than three (3) units, please contact Melanie Ryan, ATC Director of Meetings & Exhibits, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Literature/Meeting and Career Opportunities
There are literature and career opportunity boards located in the Registration area. All announcements must be approved by the ATC Registration Manager. You may email the information to the ATC Registration Manager, email@example.com or present any material you wish to have displayed on the boards at the registration desk onsite. Meeting announcements are NOT to be left in any other area of the convention center or any of the hotels being used for the ATC.
Promotional Content & Use of ATC Logo
- ALL promotional and advertisement materials must include the following language: “This symposium is not part of the ATC official educational program and the sessions and content are not endorsed by ATC.”
- All printed and published materials must bear the following information: Sponsored by…, Supported by…, and Coordinated by…
It is not acceptable and is prohibited to use “at the ATC or “in conjunction with the ATC” or “during the ATC”
The ATC Logo or name may not be used in any promotions, advertisements, meeting materials, or correspondence related to the program.
Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.